Released on 1 March, 2007.
(F01) Time range selecting
See demo (it's working in all examples).
The free time slot click behavior is changed:
When you hover the mouse cursor over a free time slot, the color changes (HoverColor property).
Hovering is disabled.
(F02) Event detail (including action menu)
See Context menu demo.
A context menu is available for events (on right click).
- When you hover the mouse cursor over an event, the color changes.
- Hovering is disabled.
- It is possible to specify a context menu that appear on right click.
- In version 3.5, the action will include a server-side event (F06 Server callback events).
Note: Future versions will need to allow dynamic modification of the events on the client side or calendar redrawing. This is necessary because one of the typical menu actions for event will be 'Delete'.
(F03) Custom cell rendering
See Custom business hours demo.
There is a special event (BeforeCellRender) that is called before rendering any cell. There will be a chance to modify cell properties:
- Background color
This allows new functionality, especially for business hours:
- Specifying business hours for each day separately.
- Allow weekend business hours.
- Specifying overnight business hours (e.g. starting 5pm and ending 4am)
(F04) Custom event rendering
See Custom event formatting demo.
There is a special event (BeforeEventRender) that is called before rendering any event. There is a chance to modify event content and properties:
- Custom color of the bar on the left side (now determined by EventLeftBarColor)
- Custom background color
- Custom event HTML (allows custom text formatting, images, etc.)
- Custom event ToolTip (i.e. title="" XHTML attribute)
This will allow new functionality, useful especially for scheduling and time-tracking applications:
- Different colors left bar for different types of events (for time-tracking applications, e.g. work/break/lunch or $100/$200/$300 per hour)
- Icon for "repeating" event
- More detailed information about the event
- FreetimeClickEventAction property is replaced by TimeRangeSelectedJSFunction.
- FreetimeClickHandling property is replaced by TimeRangeSelectedHandling.
- HoverColor is not available anymore.
- EventHoverColor is not available anymore.