Release date: October 13, 2014 (build 7.9.3282)
This release introduces a new ASP.NET Gantt Chart control.
- Drag and drop (moving, resizing, row moving, link creating)
- Integrated controls (context menu, bubble with task details, message bar)
- Large data set optimizations (progressive rendering)
- Task grouping (task hierarchy)
- Task group modes: auto (start and end calculated from children), manual (fixed start and end)
- Task progress indicator (percent complete) for task and task groups
- Task customization (HTML, color, CSS, behavior)
- Dependencies - links (FinishToStart, FinishToFinish, StartToStart, StartToFinish)
- Link customization (color, style, width, CSS class)
- Full CSS support
- Theme designer
- Custom row header columns
- Customizable scale (minutes to years)
- Custom timeline (non-continuous, non-linear)
- Row header width auto-fit, scrolling
- Client-side API
- HTML5 compatible
- Fixed time cell size or automatic adjustment to fill width 100% width
Drag and Drop Row Moving (Scheduler)
The ASP.NET Scheduler control supports drag and drop row moving.
The users can drag tree items to a new position in the tree (above, below, or as a child of the target node).
Read more about row moving.
Row Header Scrolling (Scheduler)
The width set using RowHeaderWidth will be enforced (even for RowHeaderWidthAutoFit="true") and a horizontal scrollbar will be added if necessary.
In this mode the splitter between row header and grid will be activated. The users can resize the row header width using drag and drop.
Read more about row header scrolling.
Row Header Hiding (Scheduler)
Use RowHeaderHideIconEnabled="true". This will display an icon in the upper-left corner of the grid that will let the users hide the row header.
Hidden row header:
Read more about row header hiding.
Themes Updated (Scheduler)
- Drag and Drop Position Indicators
- Event Delete Icon
- Row moving
- Row header hiding icon
Storing Event End as Date (Scheduler)
An option to treat the event and as an end of that day (when it is stored as Date only).
The default behavior is to interpret the end date as an exact time point.
RowHeaderWidthAutoFit Optimizations (Scheduler)
It's now safe to keep it turned on even for large Resource trees.
Read more about row header width auto-fit.
Progressive Row Rendering (Scheduler)
Row rendering is optimized. Now the Scheduler can handle 10,000 resources without serious impact on performance.
Read more about progressive row rendering.
Data Serialization Optimized (Scheduler)
The JSON protocol was optimized.
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: Crosshair performance improved. (build 3171)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: Row drag and drop moving position indicator CSS styling: *_rowmove_position_before, *_rowmove_position_after,*_rowmove_position_child, *_rowmove_position_forbidden. (build 3174)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: Ensuring ClientState is not null. (build 3177)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: Themes updated with drag and drop indicators, delete icon. (build 3193)
- [Calendar] Calendar, Month: Themes updated (delete icon, scrolling indicators). (build 3193)
- [Month] Calendar, Month: Themes updated (delete icon, scrolling indicators). (build 3193)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: AfterRender reads custom data during init. (build 3212)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: EventEndSpec property. (build 3236)
- [Demo] Gantt: Data binding demo. (build 3240)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: RowHeaderWidthAutoFit optimizations. (build 3244)
- Date serialization optimized (JSON). (build 3246)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: Progressive row rendering (ProgressiveRowRendering, ProgressiveRowRenderingPreload properties). (build 3247)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: DayPilot.Scheduler.events.all() method added. (build 3250)
- Sync. (build 3263)
- [Scheduler] Gantt, Scheduler: RowHeaderHideIcon (build 3267)
- [Demo] Gantt: Row moving demo. (build 3269)
- [Demo] Demo project switched to ASP.NET 4. (build 3275)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: Not calling BeforeResHeaderRender twice anymore (fixed). (build 3170)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: "Forbidden" row move position handled correctly (fixed). (build 3173)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: Restricted event moving fix (for DragOutAllowed). (build 3175)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: Updating floating events when the control is hidden - JS error fixed. (build 3189)
- [Scheduler] Scheduler: Checking separator div parent before deleting (fixed). (build 3239)
- Client-side object assignment fixed. (build 3255)